LONDON--(Marketwire - Mar 7, 2013) - Juniper Networks (
- All Juniper solutions in the PEER 1 network run the same Juniper Networks® Junos® operating system, providing operational simplicity across the infrastructure.
- PEER 1's data center deployment uses Juniper Networks EX Series Ethernet Switches with Virtual Chassis technology as distribution devices beneath the core level handling most of its routing changes. The Virtual Chassis technology enables multiple interconnected switches to operate as a single, logical device resulting in simplified management by reducing the number of switches needed.
- The PEER 1 network team selected Juniper Networks switches because of the outstanding features offered; with a sturdy Virtual Chassis providing a strong backbone for the data center, with a command line interface that is simple and easy to navigate.
- Juniper solution supported PEER 1's backbone traffic and internal data center traffic, in addition to providing flexibility of 10GB hot-swappable modules which allows PEER 1 to run huge amounts of bandwidth within the data center network and over the backbone. This led PEER 1 to lower latency and has less chance of being affected by denial-of-services or saturation, effectively reducing the chance of being affected by those issues by 90 percent.
- Juniper Networks MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers interconnect to PEER 1's FastFiber Network and to the London Internet Exchange (LINX) for high-speed Internet access. The MX Series routers have been used at PEER 1's edge and core levels terminating transport links and learning global routing tables.
- The company's Internet-facing services are protected by Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways, ensuring the services are operational and secure without degrading the end customers' Internet experience. Designed to fit a broad range of customer solutions, the SRX Series consolidated multiple security services on a single platform, simplifying operations and management for PEER 1.
- The deployment has been implemented by Juniper Networks' local partner, Calyx Managed Services.
PEER 1 offers a full range of co-location, dedicated and managed hosting services to its customers that want to offer Internet applications while maintaining performance and uptime. This includes value-added solutions such as 3D graphics processing and payment card industry (PCI) compliant security levels. PEER 1 customers have been known to run e-commerce, voice and video streaming over the Juniper Networks infrastructure utilizing internal 10GbE data center uplinks as well as redundant diverse 10Gbps routes to transport connections.
"Our rapid growth in the past few years means that we required support from a company such as Juniper Networks, ensuring that we remain on track to deliver the great hosting and great service that PEER 1 has become known for. Juniper's innovation has enabled us to provide the highest level of secure user services at very low levels of energy consumption; and it supports our 'Green' mission with its high-performance network infrastructure built on reliable, high quality products that are environmentally friendly."
- Dominic Monkhouse, managing director, EMEA, PEER 1
"PEER 1's new network will help the company expand its footprint in the U.K. and Europe to satisfy customer demands for high-quality service while remaining true to its energy efficient goals. The implementation of the Junos operating system across its Juniper infrastructure will deliver operational simplicity and offer ease of management across PEER 1's 18 facilities by reducing the time and effort required to plan, deploy and operate a network and security infrastructure."
- Mike Marcellin, senior vice president, strategy and marketing, Platform and Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
- Internet & Networking Technology
- Technology & Electronics
- Juniper Networks