2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Our favorite red carpet moments of 2012.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Bernie Madoff Still Doesn't Care What You Think of Him
- Neighbor From Hell Allegedly Points Cameras Into Couple's Bedroom
- Cops: NH teen missing 2 months wrote letter to mom
- SpaghettiOs apologizes for Pearl Harbor tweet
Campbell Soup apologized Saturday for a tweet by its SpaghettiOs brand that marked the anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attacks with a picture of its smiling mascot jauntily holding an American flag. The ...
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Top-Secret US Spy Satellite Launches into Orbit (Photos)
A classified U.S. spy payload rocketed into orbit from California on an Atlas 5 launcher Thursday (Dec. 5), joining the nation's eyes and ears in the sky to supply intelligence to the government's national security agencies. The satellite is owned by the National Reconnaissance Office, but government officials do not disclose the identities of the NRO's spacecraft, only saying the payload will serve national security purposes. But independent satellite-watchers believe the spacecraft will join the NRO's fleet of spacecraft with radars to penetrate cloaks of clouds and darkness and reveal what adversaries are doing regardless of weather or time of day. The United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 rocket lifted off from Vandenberg Air Force Base at 11:14:30 p.m. PST Thursday (0714:30 GMT;
- Ancient Estate and Garden Fountain Unearthed in Israel
The remains of a wealthy estate, with a mosaic fountain in its garden, dating to between the late 10th and early 11th centuries have been unearthed in Ramla in central Israel. "It seems that a private building belonging to a wealthy family was located there and that the fountain was used for ornamentation," Hagit Torgë, excavation director on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority, said in a statement. Fountains from the Fatimid period were mostly found around the center of the Old City of Ramla called White Mosque, Torgë added.
- A glance at why the US is buying Russian copters