2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Our favorite red carpet moments of 2012.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Attacked Over a Parking Space? When Parking Lot Disputes Turn Violent
- Giant pile of dirt upsetting people
- Rivers refuses to apologize to women held captive
- Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’
- Forecasters Are Already Predicting a Massive Tornado Outbreak This Weekend
Spring 2014 has been a quiet tornado season thus far, but that's about to change this weekend, if the predicted forecasts that meteorologists are looking at hold true. Weather experts say conditions are lining up for a series of powerful tornadoes to hit an area ranging between Tennessee and Texas from Saturday through Monday. That will cause the creation of supercell thunderstorms, Slate's Eric Holthaus explains, all kept in place in the South-Southwest by a high-pressure system in Canada. That makes the area ripe for a "big severe threat" this weekend, according to The Weather Channel, an extra level on top of today's "severe threat." That includes the April 26, 1991, stretch of tornadoes from Texas to Iowa that caused a billion dollars in damage and included a rare F5-strength tornado.
- Kerry warns Russia of expensive new sanctions
- New look, new role for Ronald McDonald
- ABC signs Stephanopoulos to contract extension