2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Our favorite red carpet moments of 2012.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Chinese cartoon producer blamed after kids burned
- Sean Penn with US businessman wanted in Bolivia
- Store owner told she'll get $1M for selling winning Mega Millions ticket, only she isn't
- Missouri mom charged for topless hot tub photo with teen daughter
A photo of a topless Missouri mother and her bare-breasted teenage daughter in a hot tub has landed the mother in hot water with the law. Mari Hieken, of Wentzville, Missouri, has been charged with misdemeanor child endangerment and could face a year in jail after the photo of herself and her 14-year-old daughter circulated on some Internet social media sites, law enforcement officials said.
- The cholesterol selfie that could save your life
Cornell University researchers have developed a smartphone camera accessory and app that can snap a person's blood cholesterol levels as quickly and as accurately as a point-of-care device. In fact there's only one catch to the simple-to-use smartCARD system: users will have to be prepared to draw their own blood. The device fits over a smartphone's existing camera and enhances its imaging capabilities in order to analyze a test strip on to which blood has been applied. Blood changes color when applied to a test strip and the color in question will be determined by a person's blood cholesterol level.
- The Great Rock ‘n’ Roll Swindle
- Fewer deportations big issue for Asians, Hispanics
- Jupiter and Moon Meet Up in Night Sky Tonight
This cosmic companion is not a star, but the largest planet in our solar system: Jupiter. Jupiter currently blazes at negative 2.7 magnitude, meaning that it is three times brighter than Sirius, the brightest star in the sky. It looks quite different from Jupiter. In fact, Jupiter will be exactlyopposite to the sun in our sky.