2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Our favorite red carpet moments of 2012.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Final Glance: Gold companies
Shares of some top gold companies were down at the close of trading: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.32 or 1.9 percent, to $16.25. Gold Fields fell $.15 or 3.4 percent, to $4.30. GoldCorp. fell $.47 or 1.9 percent, ...
- Surprise! Monster Black Hole Found in Dwarf Galaxy
Astronomers have just discovered the smallest known galaxy that harbors a huge, supermassive black hole at its core. The relatively nearby dwarf galaxy may house a supermassive black hole at its heart equal in mass to about 21 million suns. The discovery suggests that supermassive black holes may be far more common than previously thought. A supermassive black hole millions to billions of times the mass of the sun lies at the heart of nearly every large galaxy like the Milky Way.
- Australian police: Raids thwarted beheading plot
- Tycoon buys 30 Rolls-Royces for Macau hotel
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge
By Guy Faulconbridge and Angus MacSwan EDINBURGH (Reuters - Scotland voted on Thursday on whether to stay within the United Kingdom or end the 307-year-old union with England and become an independent nation in a finely balanced referendum with far-reaching consequences. From remote highlands and islands to the tough city estates of Glasgow, people were almost equally divided over a vote watched closely by Britain's allies, investors and restive regions at home and abroad. Pre-voting opinion polls gave the "No" campaign - those in favor of remaining in the United Kingdom - a slight edge. ...
- Egypt recovers stolen fragments of Cheops pyramid
- Ukraine's pleas for lethal aid from US go unmet
- Independence would hit Scotland's key whisky sector: bank