2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Our favorite red carpet moments of 2012.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Los Cabos struggles after devastating storm Odile
- Afghanistan's presidential rivals sign power-sharing deal
By Hamid Shalizi and Jessica Donati KABUL (Reuters) - Afghanistan's rival presidential candidates signed a deal on Sunday to share power after months of turmoil over a disputed election that destabilized the nation at a crucial time as most foreign troops prepare to leave. Ashraf Ghani, a former finance minister who will be named president, embraced rival Abdullah Abdullah after they signed the power-sharing agreement at a ceremony watched by outgoing president Hamid Karzai, and broadcast live from his palace. ...
- 32 structures destroyed in California wildfire
- Russia demands changes to Ukraine-EU association deal
- 700-Year Embrace: Skeleton Couple Still Holding Hands
Archeologists found the happy couple holding hands in an earthen grave during an excavation of a "lost" chapel in Leicestershire, England, researchers reported Thursday (Sept. 18). "We have seen similar skeletons before from Leicester where a couple has been buried together in a single grave," Vicki Score, University of Leicester Archaeological Services (ULAS) project manager, said in a statement. There is a perfectly good church in Hallaton," Score said. For example, the site may have served as a place of pilgrimage in Hallaton, a village in east Leicestershire, during the 14th century, the researchers said.
- Thousands rally worldwide over climate change
- Erdogan: Turkey won't give hostage release details
- U.S., Canadian jets intercept 8 Russian aircraft