2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Best of entertainment 2012
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Islamic State shoots down Syrian war plane: monitor group
Islamic State fighters shot down a Syrian war plane using anti-aircraft guns on Tuesday, the first time the group has downed a military jet since declaring its cross-border caliphate in June, a group monitoring the civil war said. The plane came down outside Islamic State's stronghold of Raqqa city, 400 km (250 miles) northeast of Damascus, during air strikes on territory controlled by the group, a resident said. ...
- Cat Stevens back with album, rare North America tour
- Moscow warns against panic as ruble plunges to historic lows
- Doctor to provide medical update on Toronto mayor
TORONTO (AP) — A doctor will provide a medical update on controversial Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's tumor on Wednesday, Ford's brother said.
- Hey, hey it's a Monkee house: Davy Jones home for sale
By David DeKok HARRISBURG Pa. (Reuters) - A remote Pennsylvania country house and horse farm that the late Monkees lead singer and teen heartthrob Davy Jones called home for nearly 30 years is on the market. The six-bedroom, 3,388-square-foot house, which sits on 15.5 acres (6 hectares), is in Beavertown, a community of 945 people in central Pennsylvania about 53 miles (85 km) north of Harrisburg. Jones went there in 1985 to work with a book collaborator and fell in love with the surrounding horse country. ...
- Turkish reluctance hurts U.S. plans for coalition against Islamic State
By Jonny Hogg and Nick Tattersall ANKARA/ISTANBUL (Reuters) - When Washington takes its bombing campaign against Islamic State fighters into Syria, the most it can probably hope for from one of its closest allies in the region will be grudging consent. Turkey, a NATO member with a big U.S. air base and long borders with both Iraq and Syria, has made clear that it is still unconvinced by U.S. President Barack Obama's plans to bomb Islamic State fighters in two of its neighbors. ...
- Obama: Ebola crisis 'spiraling out of control'
- Smoking rates on the rise in New York City