2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Best of entertainment 2012
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Sophia Loren, almost 80, opens life exhibit in Mexico
Italian film legend Sophia Loren inaugurated Thursday an exhibition in Mexico showing off personal treasures including glamorous dresses, silk purses and her Oscar, to mark her upcoming 80th birthday.
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
By Daren Butler SURUC Turkey (Reuters) - About 60,000 Syrian Kurds fled into Turkey in the space of 24 hours, a deputy prime minister said on Saturday, as Islamic State militants seized dozens of villages close to the border. Turkey opened a stretch of the frontier on Friday after Kurdish civilians fled their homes, fearing an imminent attack on the border town of Ayn al-Arab, also known as Kobani. A Kurdish commander on the ground said Islamic State had advanced to within 15 km (9 miles) of the town. ...
- Scotland is staying. London's headaches are just starting.
The Scots have voted no to independence. But their majority decision has raised more questions than answers about the future of the United Kingdom.
- Kurdish fighters head to Syria to face militants
BEIRUT (AP) — Hundreds of Kurdish fighters raced from Turkey and Iraq into neighboring Syria on Saturday to defend a Kurdish area under attack by Islamic State militants. As the fighting raged, more than 60,000 mostly Kurdish refugees streamed across the dusty and barren border into Turkey, some hobbling on crutches as others lugged bulging sacks of belongings on their backs.
- Belgian claiming to be king's daughter passes DNA test hurdle
- Other automakers to challenge Tesla in over-the-air software upgrades
By Bernie Woodall DETROIT (Reuters) - Electric carmaker Tesla Motors Inc on Friday announced it is rolling out a software upgrade over-the-air to its current Model S owners, a unique ability that other automakers are expected to offer within a few years. Tesla, based in Silicon Valley, has completed more than a dozen over-the-air software upgrades since the Model S was first sold in mid-2012, said Egil Juliussen, director of research for automotive electronic technology for IHS Automotive. ...
- Canada's largest Cold War-era fighting ships retiring
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo's' Mama June & Sugar Bear Separate