- A son remembers: ‘I miss you so much, Dad’ Jess Wisloski
- Victims' families take back Ground Zero Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Staff
- America’s Next 12 Terror Threats John Solomon
- Moving photos from memorial ceremony
- How American newspapers remembered 9/11 Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News
- 9/11 observances across the U.S., around the world Vera H-C Chan
- 9/11 anniversary photos by Flickr users
Confronting Terror: Faces of 9/11
Among the most eloquent and unsettling of the countless photographs from September 11, 2011, are those focusing not on the fall of the towers, or the jagged, smoking hole in the Pentagon, but on faces. Human faces etched with shock, fear, and disbelief at the cataclysm unfolding above them, or staring glassy-eyed into some unseen distance, stunned by the enormity of the barbarous terror unleashed that cloudless, late-summer morning. Here, LIFE.com presents a gallery focusing on witnesses to terror as they confront the unspeakable.
- Thu, Sep 1, 2011
More 9/11 Photo Galleries
1 - 8 of 43
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 4 of 48