Convicted death camp guard dies

Associated Press
FILE - In this March 17, 2011 file picture  John Demjanjuk, waits in a Munich court room. German police say John Demjanjuk, who was charged with 28,060 counts of accessory to murder  and convicted last year of serving as a Nazi death camp guard, has died.  Rosenheim police official Kilian Steger told The Associated Press the 91-year-old died Saturday  March 17, 2012 at the home for elderly people in southern Germany where he stayed since the end of his trial in Munich last year. Demjanjuk, a retired Ohio autoworker, was deported to Germany in 2009 to face trial after being stripped of his U.S. citizenship. (AP Photo/dapd/ Sebastian Widmann,Pool,File)

View gallery

6 photos

John Demjanjuk, a retired U.S. autoworker who was convicted of being a guard at the Nazis' Sobibor death camp despite steadfastly maintaining over three decades of legal battles that he had been mistaken for someone else, died Saturday, his son told The Associated Press. He was 91.

View Comments (0)