Sandy Hook school shooting
A man opened fire Dec. 14 inside the Connecticut elementary school where his mother worked as a teacher, killing 26 people, including 20 children, as youngsters cowered in their classrooms and trembled helplessly to the sound of gunfire reverberating through the building.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Former Obama aide returning to work on health law
- US war veteran released from N.Korea as Biden visits frontier
North Korea Saturday released a detained American veteran of the Korean War as US Vice President Joe Biden visited the world's last Cold War frontier. US officials said Merrill Newman, an 85-year-old from California, headed home after arriving in Beijing. North Korea deported him "from a humanitarian viewpoint", its official Korean Central News Agency said, citing his "sincere repentance" as well as his age and health condition. His release came hours before Biden visited the demilitarised zone which has split the Korean peninsula since the 1950-1953 Korean War.
- Bernie Madoff Still Doesn't Care What You Think of Him
- SpaghettiOs apologizes for Pearl Harbor tweet
Campbell Soup apologized Saturday for a tweet by its SpaghettiOs brand that marked the anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attacks with a picture of its smiling mascot jauntily holding an American flag. The ...
- Neighbor From Hell Allegedly Points Cameras Into Couple's Bedroom
- Cops: NH teen missing 2 months wrote letter to mom
- Ancient Estate and Garden Fountain Unearthed in Israel
The remains of a wealthy estate, with a mosaic fountain in its garden, dating to between the late 10th and early 11th centuries have been unearthed in Ramla in central Israel. "It seems that a private building belonging to a wealthy family was located there and that the fountain was used for ornamentation," Hagit Torgë, excavation director on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority, said in a statement. Fountains from the Fatimid period were mostly found around the center of the Old City of Ramla called White Mosque, Torgë added.
- Food-tech startups aim to replace eggs and chicken