Etan Patz case

Associated Press
A newspaper with a photograph of Etan Patz is part of a makeshift memorial in the SoHo neighborhood of New York, Monday, May 28, 2012. For prosecutors, the work is just beginning after the astonishing arrest last week of a man who police say confessed to strangling the 6-year-old New York City boy 33 years ago in one of the nation's most bewildering missing children's cases. Pedro Hernandez, 51, was charged with second-degree murder in the 1979 death of Etan Patz, based largely on a signed confession he gave to detectives. (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)

View gallery

22 photos

Three boxes of evidence from the investigation into the 1979 disappearance and presumed death of schoolboy Etan Patz have turned up while a suspect is on trial for the killing, and his attorney said Monday she could have to seek a mistrial or at least recall witnesses who have already testified.

Alice Fontier, one of the attorneys representing Pedro Hernandez, said there were more than 1,400 pages of information on the case in one box alone.

"Given this massive disclosure at this point, in the middle of the trial, there may be issues," she said. "We may need to recall some of their witnesses. We may need to move for a mistrial." (AP)

Find more news-related pictures in our photo galleries and follow us on Tumblr.

View Comments (9)