Firefighters put out smoldering embers after a small fire started in the gym at Sterling College, Sterling, Kan., Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014. Shortly before the scheduled 8 p.m. start of a game between ... more 
Firefighters put out smoldering embers after a small fire started in the gym at Sterling College, Sterling, Kan., Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014. Shortly before the scheduled 8 p.m. start of a game between Sterling and Tabor colleges, Sterling's Gleason Center filled with smoke and forced the building to be evacuated. The game initially was delayed for 30 minutes and all spectators were asked to leave while the maintenance staff looked for the source of smoke. The Sterling Fire Department was called after the flames appeared on the west wall. Firefighters removed tin, plywood and particle board inside the gym to extinguish the smoldering fire, Sterling Fire Chief Richard Jones said. The game was postponed and likely will be played somewhere else. (AP Photo/The Hutchinson News, Kaylee Everly) less 
1 / 1
Associated Press | Photo By The Hutchinson News, Kaylee Everly
Fri, Feb 7, 2014 1:54 PM EST