- Tue, Nov 27, 2012
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
PARIS (Reuters) - More than 8,000 French households' tax bills topped 100 percent of their income last year, the business newspaper Les Echos reported on Saturday, citing Finance Ministry data. The newspaper said that the exceptionally high level of taxation was due to a one-off levy last year on 2011 incomes for households with assets of more than 1.3 million euros ($1.67 million). ...
- Soccer-Ferguson criticises City for Mancini sacking
LONDON, May 18 (Reuters) - Manchester United's outgoing manager Alex Ferguson has criticised neighbours Manchester City for sacking Roberto Mancini. The Italian boss was sacked on Monday having failed to retain the Premier League title he won last season and after losing the FA Cup final to Wigan Athletic. Mancini took out a full-page advertisement in the Manchester Evening News on Saturday, thanking fans for their support during his time in charge. ...
- Tennis-Emotional Nadal reaches Rome final, Serena rolls on
* Nadal beats Berdych 6-2 6-4 * Serena sees off qualifier Halep * Extends winning streak to 23 matches (Recasts after Nadal victory) By Eric Salliot ROME, May 18 (Reuters) - Rafa Nadal beat Czech sixth seed Tomas Berdych 6-2 6-4 to reach the Italian Open final on Saturday with a dominant performance that he described as emotional after his long injury absence. Nadal, who returned to action in February after seven months out with a knee problem, will have the chance to win his sixth title since his comeback when he faces either Roger Federer or Benoit Paire in Sunday's final. ...
- After nearly 30 years, Camp Lejeune coming clean
CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. (AP) — Purple wildflowers sprout in abundance around the bright-yellow pipe, one of several jutting from the sandy soil in this unassuming patch of grass and mud. A dirty hose runs from the pipe to an idling truck and into a large tank labeled, "NON-POTABLE WATER."
- Accused Kidnapper Ariel Castro Preyed on His Daughters' Friends, Emily Castro Says
Two of the Kidnapped Women Were Friends With Ariel Castro's Daughters
- Soccer-Ramos shines in front of media after Mourinho no-show
MADRID, May 16 (Reuters) - Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos put in an assured performance in front of the cameras after coach Jose Mourinho failed to appear in Thursday's news conference ahead of the King's Cup final. Better known for his tough tackles, powerful heading ability and nerves of steel when taking penalties, the 27-year-old Spain international appeared in the conference room to represent the club and deftly handled a string of awkward questions. "If I am here it is for a reason. I can also answer questions just like the boss," Ramos said. ...
- Boxing-Jones knocks out Lebedev to reclaim crown
* Panamanian stops Lebedev in penultimate round * Povetkin knocks out Pole to set up Klitschko fight (updates with Jones win, adds details) MOSCOW, May 17 (Reuters) - Former champion Guillermo Jones of Panama stopped title holder Denis Lebedev with seconds remaining in the 11th round to reclaim his WBA cruiserweight crown from the Russian on Friday. Earlier, Alexander Povetkin knocked out previously undefeated challenger Andrzej Wawrzyk in the third round to retain his WBA heavyweight crown, setting up a long-awaited clash with super champion Vladimir Klitschko later this year. ...
- Bea Arthur topless painting fetches $1.9M in NYC
A painting of actress Bea Arthur topless has sold for $1.9 million at a New York City auction. The painting is by artist John Currin and is titled "Bea Arthur Naked." It sold at Christie's auction ...