2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Images of the Year 2012
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Peshmerga fighters enter Syrian border
- Father Posts Poignant Video of Daughter Who Passed Away
- Guard troops sent to site of Hawaii lava flow
- Is This Goat Talking?
- How a tech-savvy grandma is trying to lead Kansas Democrats out of the wilderness
- U.S. focuses on Islamic State targets near Kobani, Syria: U.S. Central Command
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. forces staged 10 air strikes on Islamic State targets near the Syrian city of Kobani since Wednesday, U.S. Central Command said. The raids in the Kobani area were among 12 in Syria by U.S. fighters and bombers. The Kobani strikes hit two small Islamic State units and destroyed seven fighting positions and five buildings, Central Command said. Strikes also damaged an Islamic State headquarters building near Dayr Az Zawr and a security building near Ar Raqqah. U.S. ...
- Study: Mislabeled shrimp at restaurants, grocers
- S.Leone Ebola outbreak 'catastrophic': aid group MSF
Ebola has wiped out whole villages in Sierra Leone and may have caused many more deaths than the nearly 5,000 official global toll, a senior coordinator of the medical aid group MSF said Friday. Rony Zachariah of Doctors Without Borders, known by its French initials MSF, said after visiting Sierra Leone that the Ebola figures were "under-reported", in an interview with AFP on the sidelines of a medical conference in Barcelona. The World Health Organization (WHO) published revised figures on Friday showing 4,951 people have died of Ebola and there was a total of 13,567 reported cases.