Kansas City Chiefs take to field in wake of tragedy
The Chiefs and fans were shocked to learn linebacker Jovan Belcher killed his girlfriend before taking his own life in front of Kansas City general manager Scott
Pioli and head coach Romeo Crennel on Saturday at Arrowhead Stadium. The team paused for a moment of silence for the victims of domestic violence and their families before Sunday's game against the Carolina Panthers.
More coverage from Yahoo! Sports:
• Chiefs try to make sense of the impossible after Jovan Belcher suicide
• Jovan Belcher's conflicting portrait reveals a hard-working young man
• Mayor: Chiefs GM Scott Pioli 'very emotional' after witnessing suicide
- Sun, Dec 2, 2012
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
Son wanted to be a "martyr."
- A record Powerball jackpot isn't a record to celebrate
When the 43-state Powerball lottery jackpot hit a record at $600 million Friday, many Americans who would otherwise not gamble rushed out to buy the $2 tickets. “Just on the off-chance,” many probably said.
The Earth is a pretty bleak place for humans in the new science fiction movie, "After Earth."
- Alaska volcano shoots lava up hundreds of feet
Alaska's remote Pavlof Volcano was shooting lava hundreds of feet into the air, but its ash plume was thinning Saturday and no longer making it dangerous for airplanes to fly nearby.
- The President's Umbrella Scandal Folded Before It Could Take Off
There was a brief moment where some conservative were trying to make a scandal out of the President's moment in the rain on Thursday. But unfortunately that scandal died before it could really take off. During his Thursday press conference with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan, a Marine officer held an umbrella over the President's head to protect him from the rain. There were many problems with this, according to a select group of people.