2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Notable deaths 2012
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Plane makes emergency stop due to unruly passenger
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A Southwest Airlines flight made an emergency landing in Oregon because of an unruly passenger who demanded multiple glasses of wine, displayed gang signs he said were for Jesus and frightened the flight crew, according to federal court documents.
- Fla. family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida woman who was 9 months pregnant and her family became ill after eating meat tainted with LSD.
- Here's what really happens if you don't file your taxes
- Oh Baby: Giving Birth 10 Times May Reduce Mom's Cancer Risk
Women who give birth to 10 or more children may have a reduced risk of cancer, a new study from Finland suggests. Researchers examined cancer risk in nearly 5,000 Finish women who gave birth at least 10 times before 2010. Over a three-decade period, there were 656 cases of cancer in these women, about 200 fewer cases than would be expected based on cancer rates in the general Finnish population, the study found. In fact, the rate of new cancer cases was 24 percent lower among women who delivered 10 or more babies compared to those in the general population, the researchers said.
- PBS' O'Brien says he'll be OK after losing arm
- State Department: 3 Americans on missing plane
- Mom who drove kids into ocean faces charges
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A pregnant South Carolina woman who drove a minivan carrying her three young children into the ocean surf off Florida was charged Friday with attempted murder and child abuse, with authorities saying the children were screaming to bystanders that she was trying to kill them.
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
NEW YORK (AP) — A 75-year-old New York woman found her fortune in a cookie.