Powerful quake rocks Costa Rica
A powerful earthquake rocked Costa Rica on Sept. 5, killing at least two people, sparking landslides, knocking down buildings, and briefly triggering a tsunami warning. (Reuters)
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Soccer-Ramos shines in front of media after Mourinho no-show
MADRID, May 16 (Reuters) - Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos put in an assured performance in front of the cameras after coach Jose Mourinho failed to appear in Thursday's news conference ahead of the King's Cup final. Better known for his tough tackles, powerful heading ability and nerves of steel when taking penalties, the 27-year-old Spain international appeared in the conference room to represent the club and deftly handled a string of awkward questions. "If I am here it is for a reason. I can also answer questions just like the boss," Ramos said. ...
- Danish teenager makes rare Viking find
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — Danish museum officials say that an archaeological dig last year has revealed 365 items from the Viking era, including 60 rare coins.
- Huge Rock Crashes Into Moon, Sparks Giant Explosion
The moon has a new hole on its surface thanks to a boulder that slammed into it in March, creating the biggest explosion scientists have seen on the moon since they started monitoring it.
- Bea Arthur topless painting fetches $1.9M in NYC
A painting of actress Bea Arthur topless has sold for $1.9 million at a New York City auction. The painting is by artist John Currin and is titled "Bea Arthur Naked." It sold at Christie's auction ...
- Boxing-Jones knocks out Lebedev to reclaim crown
* Panamanian stops Lebedev in penultimate round * Povetkin knocks out Pole to set up Klitschko fight (updates with Jones win, adds details) MOSCOW, May 17 (Reuters) - Former champion Guillermo Jones of Panama stopped title holder Denis Lebedev with seconds remaining in the 11th round to reclaim his WBA cruiserweight crown from the Russian on Friday. Earlier, Alexander Povetkin knocked out previously undefeated challenger Andrzej Wawrzyk in the third round to retain his WBA heavyweight crown, setting up a long-awaited clash with super champion Vladimir Klitschko later this year. ...
- This Is Exactly How Massive the Texas Fertilizer Explosion Was
Representatives of the ATF and the Texas Fire Marshall provided an update on their joint investigation into the fertilizer plant explosion in West Texas. The short story is that the cause of the fire is undetermined. The long story is that the investigation has been as massive as was the explosion.
- Soccer-This was my worst season, beaten Mourinho says
MADRID, May 18 (Reuters) - A King's Cup final defeat against Atletico Madrid capped the worst season of Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho's career, the Portuguese said on Friday after the 2-1 loss left him without a major title this season. Widely expected to move on at the end of the campaign and linked with a return to Chelsea, a grim-faced Mourinho gave little away about his future but said Real, the world's richest club by income, had suffered a "disastrous" season, with only a Spanish Super Cup added to the trophy cabinet. ...
- 'Crazy' Ants Driving Out Fire Ants in Southeast
Invasive fire ants have been a thorn in the sides of Southerners for years. But another invasive species, the so-called "crazy" ant — that many describe as being worse — has arrived and is displacing fire ants in several places.