2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Top 5 Olympic moments of 2012
Every four years, a city steps forth to host the world in the Summer Olympic Games, and this year, London did not disappoint. Triumph, heartbreak, legendary victory, scandal … as always, every story gets magnified when viewed through an Olympic prism. These were five of the Games' most notable moments, ones we'll remember years from now when we think of these Olympics. And we were all very impressed. – Jay Busbee
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- U.S. strikes jihadist training camp as France to join air war
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut
By Liana B. Baker, Jessica Toonkel and Ryan Vlastelica NEW YORK (Reuters) - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's shares surged in their first day of trading on Friday as investors jumped at the chance to get in on what looks likely to be the largest IPO in history and profit from China's growing middle class. It was an auspicious debut for the company, founded by Jack Ma in his apartment in 1999, which now accounts for 80 percent of online sales in China. ...
- Scientists monitoring Hawaii lava undertake risks
- Billboard mocks Maureen Dowd's bad trip: 'Don’t let a candy bar ruin your vacation'
- Mystery illness plagues girls in Colombia
- Some consumers say Apple is losing its 'cool' factor
By Malathi Nayak SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Holly Riggle, a 29-year-old white-collar worker from Ohio, is just the kind of everyday customer Apple Inc would love to have for its new iPhone 6, which launches Friday. But Riggle is sticking to her Android smartphone, calling Apple less ”original” than it was under former chief executive Steve Jobs. She's one of the 16 percent of respondents in a Reuters/Ipsos poll who said Apple had become somewhat or much less cool in the last two years. By comparison, some 11 percent of respondents said that Android had lost some sheen in the same time frame. ...
- 46 years later, owner to get stolen Jaguar back