2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Top tweets of 2012
Obama, Justin Bieber and Green Bay Packers' TJ Lang have garnered the highest number of retweets this year.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Moscow warns against panic as ruble plunges to historic lows
- Researchers locate site of gas chambers in Poland
- Dupont latest target in activist Peltz's crosshairs
- How to Download iOS 8
- Apple, IBM buying back billions in stock: WSJ
- Excitement and relief in landmark Fiji election
SUVA, Fiji (AP) — There was excitement among thousands of voters and relief from the international community Wednesday as Fijians cast ballots in a landmark election they hope will end more than a quarter-century of political turmoil and eight years of autocratic rule. But democracy may not have much of a new look to it.
- 3rd Room of Ancient Greek Tomb Revealed
Archaeologists say they've had a peek inside another room in a monumental ancient tomb in Greek Macedonia that is believed to date back to the era of Alexander the Great. The ongoing excavations at the Kasta Hill burial mound in Amphipolis — about 65 miles (104 kilometers) east of Thessaloniki — have generated excitement and speculation over what (and whom) archaeologists might find inside. In August, archaeologists revealed two broken sphinxes at the entrance to the burial complex. The archaeologists, led by Katerina Peristeri, have said they believe the tomb dates back to the late fourth century B.C. and has the characteristics of a work by Dinocrates, Alexander the Great's chief architect.
- Biden used 'offensive' stereotype, 'should have been more careful'