2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Top tweets of 2012
Obama, Justin Bieber and Green Bay Packers' TJ Lang have garnered the highest number of retweets this year.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Peter Fonda's 'Easy Rider' bike going to auction
- Obama's Ebola response: Is it enough and in time?
- Pakistani woman embraced by Islamic State seeks to drop U.S. legal appeal
By David Ingram NEW YORK (Reuters) - A Pakistan-born neuroscientist has become a rallying cry for militant groups demanding her release from a U.S. prison. But in a little-noticed move she is trying to abandon her legal fight for freedom, saying the U.S. court system is unjust. Islamic militants in Syria, Algeria, Afghanistan and Pakistan have made Aafia Siddiqui's release a condition for freeing certain foreign hostages. Islamic State, for example, proposed swapping American journalist James Foley for her, but he was executed after their demands, which also included an end to U.S. ...
- Jon Stewart mocks Hillary Clinton's Iowa trip: 'Willary or Won'tary'
- EU court OKs airlines' right to charge for luggage
BRUSSELS (AP) — The European Union's highest court says airlines are allowed to charge passengers an extra fee for checking in luggage.
- Australian leader warns of planned random attack
- Texas executes woman for starvation of boy, 9
- NSA shared Americans' private communications with Israel: Snowden