2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Top tweets of 2012
Obama, Justin Bieber and Green Bay Packers' TJ Lang have garnered the highest number of retweets this year.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Wildfire in California's Sierra Nevada menaces 1,600 homes
By Alex Dobuzinskis and Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Fire crews in California's rugged Sierra Nevada battled to gain the upper hand on Wednesday against a blaze that threatened 1,600 homes and has displaced 2,100 residents as flames roared for a fifth day through dry timber and brush west of Lake Tahoe. The so-called King Fire, the most menacing of 11 major wildfires across the drought-parched state, has scorched at least 18,500 acres (7,490 hectares) of the El Dorado National Forest since it erupted Saturday, fire officials said. ...
- Pistorius Judge Under 24-Hour Police Protection After Controversial Ruling
- Next title: Elizabeth, Queen of Scots?
- Sri Lanka backs China's maritime 'Silk Road' plan
- Jon Stewart mocks Hillary Clinton's Iowa trip: 'Willary or Won'tary'
- Scotland's independence vote puts UK union on edge
- Tiny Hamster Takes On Kobayashi in 'Hot Dog' Eating Contest
Takeru Kobayashi has destroyed heaping amounts of food and numerous challengers over the years as a competitive eater. He once ate 110 hot dogs in 10 minutes. He smashed a world record when he ate 97 hamburgers in 94 seconds. The burgers were slider-sized, but still, it's impressive. Even though it has been a few years since he has participated in competitive eating's largest event, Nathan's International Hot Dog Eating Contest, he's still getting his name out there in the gustatory world. His newest challenger is the hungriest — and tiniest — yet.
- Obama reaffirms opposition to US combat in Iraq