2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Top tweets of 2012
Obama, Justin Bieber and Green Bay Packers' TJ Lang have garnered the highest number of retweets this year.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Murray on the way to get hitched as coaches get ditched
- Proud Wenger hits back at critics
- Grand jury focused on key fatal Ferguson 'tussle'
- The science of setting the NFL schedule
The NFL runs dozens of computers for 24 hours a day for 12 weeks to evaluate its millions of possible schedule combinations. Each team's opponents are set at the end of the previous season based on records and the rotation of interdivision matchups. The puzzle is determining which week each game will be played, and which TV slot it will slide into.
- Reed to replace Furyk at Tiger's comeback event
Patrick Reed, a three-time winner on the USPGA Tour last season, was named Wednesday to replace fellow-American Jim Furyk in next week's World Challenge charity event hosted by Tiger Woods. Former world number one Woods, a 14-time major champion chasing the all-time record 18 majors won by Jack Nicklaus, has not played since the PGA Championship last August as he recovers from back injuries that sidelined him for most of 2014. Woods is a five-time winner of the event, in which Zach Johnson is defending champion.
- Motorsport/F1 - Raikkonen hopes for Ferrari fight with Vettel