2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Top tweets of 2012
Obama, Justin Bieber and Green Bay Packers' TJ Lang have garnered the highest number of retweets this year.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Colorado's pot market getting new competition
- Sea change: Satellite photos show world's fourth-largest lake disappearing
- Least tax-friendly states for retirees
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
(Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration is requiring airlines to replace cockpit displays on more than 1,300 Boeing Co airplanes to avoid interference from Wi-Fi and cellular devices. Airlines will need to replace certain cockpit display units made by Honeywell International Inc used on Boeing's 737 and 777 jets within five years, according to an FAA document. (http://bit.ly/1qTpOYb) The FAA said the display units were susceptible to interference from Wi-Fi frequencies. ...
- Police on manhunt find pipe bombs in woods
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day
By Donny Kwok and Irene Jay Liu HONG KONG (Reuters) - Thousands of pro-democracy protesters thronged the streets of Hong Kong on Wednesday, some of them jeering National Day celebrations, as demonstrations spread to a new area of the city, ratcheting up pressure on the pro-Beijing government. There was little sign of momentum flagging on the fifth day of the student-led protest, whose aim has been to occupy sections of the city, including around the Central financial district, in anger at a Chinese decision to limit voters' choices in a 2017 leadership election. ...
- Secret Service chief on hot seat for WH breach
WASHINGTON (AP) — Under withering criticism from Congress, the director of the Secret Service on Tuesday admitted failures in her agency's critical mission of protecting the president but repeatedly sidestepped key questions about how a knife-carrying intruder penetrated ring after ring of security before finally being tackled deep inside the White House.
- Jihadists free 70 kidnapped children in Syria: monitor