2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Top tweets of 2012
Obama, Justin Bieber and Green Bay Packers' TJ Lang have garnered the highest number of retweets this year.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Paris riot police deployed for pro-Israel rally
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce
By Nidal al-Mughrabi and Ari Rabinovitch GAZA/JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel and Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip have agreed to a three-day humanitarian truce to begin Friday morning, and negotiators from both sides will travel to Cairo to discuss a longer-term. The 72-hour break after more than three weeks of fighting was set to begin at 8 a.m. (0500 GMT), according to a joint statement released by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. A spokesman for Hamas, the Islamist group dominant in Gaza, said all Palestinian factions would abide by the truce as long as Israel holds its fire. Officials in Israel were not available for immediate comment.
- Final Glance: Computer companies
Shares of some top computer companies were down at the close of trading: Apple Inc s fell $2.55 or 2.6 percent, to $95.60. Hewlett Packard Co. fell $.50 or 1.4 percent, to $35.61. International Business ...
- Home sweet shipping container?
- Another decent start for Woods at Firestone
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in video
- Immigration courts speed up children's cases
- ‘Woman in black,’ who appealed to US fascination with wanderers, reaches home
A 50-something Army veteran who caused an Internet sensation as she traveled nearly 500 miles by foot, clad in long, black robes and sandals, has apparently reached what she calls “home” in Winchester, Va., police in Virginia say. Elizabeth Poles traveled for two months, and was seen from Georgia to West Virginia in her wanderings.