2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Top tweets of 2012
Obama, Justin Bieber and Green Bay Packers' TJ Lang have garnered the highest number of retweets this year.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Obama in Estonia as Russia, NATO square off over Ukraine
US President Barack Obama arrived in Estonia early Wednesday to meet Baltic leaders and reaffirm Washington's commitment to the security of ex-Soviet NATO members, as Russia declared NATO a major "threat". Moscow's surprise declaration came after the Western military alliance announced plans to reinforce defences in eastern Europe because of the Kremlin's perceived stoking of war in Ukraine. It also comes ahead of a NATO summit in Wales on Thursday at which beleaguered Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko will lobby Obama for military backing.
- Mother With Alzheimer's, Daughter Share Moving Moment of Clarity
As a friend or family member, living with and watching someone suffering with Alzheimer’s disease is frequently heartbreaking. But sometimes, when all seems lost, something miraculous happens. In a video that has gone viral,Georgia-native Kelly Gunderson captured a precious and unpredictable moment while lying in a hospital beside her ailing mother. For a brief moment, the older woman was able to reflect and recognize her loving daughter.
- It's no longer safe to recline your airplane seat
- School starts in Chicago with more safety guards
- Arming Ukraine could lead to nuclear war: Lech Walesa
- What we know about Steven Sotloff, the second American purportedly beheaded by ISIL
- Federer, Monfils to clash in US Open blockbuster
Five-time champion Roger Federer set up a US Open quarter-final blockbuster against eccentric French star Gael Monfils as the hugely-hyped new generation once again flopped. Second seed Federer on Tuesday reached his 10th US Open quarter-final in the last 11 years with a comfortable 6-4, 6-3, 6-2 win over Spain's Roberto Bautista Agut while Monfils, the 20th seed, reached his second New York last-eight stunning seventh-seeded Grigor Dimitrov 7-5, 7-6 (8/6), 7-5 Federer, the 17-time major winner, leads Monfils 7-2 in career meetings, including their most recent clash in Cincinnati last month.
- Dethroned Myanmar beauty queen blasts pageant boss