2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
YIR 2012: Superstorms and Scorchers
Mother Nature made her mark again this year and did so, unfortunately, in the most extreme ways: hellish heat, drought, superstorms and other wild weather events.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Well Water May Contain Earthquake Warning Signs
Spikes in sodium and hydrogen in well water warned of mounting strain before two Iceland earthquakes, geologists say. "All we found is chemical changes before two earthquakes, and that's it," said lead study author Alasdair Skelton, a geochemist at Stockholm University in Sweden. On the other hand, Skelton did intend to prove that water chemistry foretells earthquakes. "We had reason to believe that groundwater may be an indicator of changes before earthquakes."
- Putin foe Khodorkovsky 'willing to lead Russia'
- 32 structures destroyed in California wildfire
- Exclusive: Hyundai directors kept in dark on size of $10 billion land bid - sources
By Hyunjoo Jin SEOUL (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor and two listed affiliates did not seek board clearance for the size of their record $10 billion bid for a plot of land in Seoul, more than triple its appraised value, four board members of the companies told Reuters. Thursday's winning bid for the land sent shares in Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors and Hyundai Mobis plunging, wiping out $8 billion in shareholder value, and sparked howls of protest from investors, rekindling worries about corporate governance at South Korea's conglomerates, or chaebol. ...
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- AP PHOTOS: Pole dancing being used for fitness
- Syrian Kurds in Turkey recount Islamic State terror
- More US troops in Ebola-hit Liberia: airport source