2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
YIR 2012: Superstorms and Scorchers
Mother Nature made her mark again this year and did so, unfortunately, in the most extreme ways: hellish heat, drought, superstorms and other wild weather events.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Sweden's far-right rises amid immigration debate
- China rig finds gas after Vietnam sea standoff
- Bluefin Tuna Are Showing Up in the Arctic—and That’s Not Good News
When you throw a net into the ocean, you never know what you’ll pull out.
- Sides in Scottish referendum make final push
- Hunt on for survivalist charged in trooper killing
BLOOMING GROVE, Pa. (AP) — Hundreds of law enforcement officers fanned out across the dense northeastern Pennsylvania woods Tuesday as they tracked a survivalist with two high-powered rifles and a grudge against police, identified as the gunman who killed one trooper and injured another in a late-night ambush outside a state police barracks.
- Despite Warnings, Antibiotics Still Overprescribed in Kids
By Dr. Natasha Bhuyan Despite warnings from public health experts that overprescribing antibiotics could lead to difficult-to-treat “superbugs,” doctors are prescribing antibiotics to children about twice as often as they are actually needed, a new study found. Researchers at Seattle Children’s Hospital examined past studies...
- Scotland took long road to independence vote
- Samsung accuses LG execs of damaging its products