2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Female Fights
It's an odd notion, really, that a group making up a tad more than half the American population needs its worth to be considered separately. However, female accomplishments—and political imbroglios—certainly triggered feverish online searches on Yahoo!.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- New clue to the mystery of Amelia Earhart?
- San Francisco Giants fans take to streets after World Series win
By Rory Carroll SAN FRANCISCO, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Fans of the San Francisco Giants took to the streets to celebrate on Wednesday night after their team won the baseball World Series, topping the Kansas City Royals, but the festivities were marred by raucous fans and fires. Hundreds, many clad in the team's orange and black, flooded Valencia Street in San Francisco's Mission District after the final out in the seventh game of the baseball championship. "(Pitcher Madison) Bumgarner blew my mind tonight!" said Beau Adams, a San Francisco native sporting a Giants tattoo.
- Sweden recognises Palestinian state, Israel recalls envoy
Sweden on Thursday officially recognised the state of Palestine, becoming the first EU member in western Europe to do so, prompting Israel to recall its ambassador to Stockholm. We're choosing the side of the peace process," Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallstroem told reporters as she explained the controversial decision. Just hours after the Swedish announcement, Israel said it was recalling its ambassador to Stockholm for "consultations". "This indeed reflects our irritation and annoyance at this unhelpful decision, which does not contribute to a return to (peace) negotiations," Israeli foreign ministry spokesman Emmanuel Nachshon told AFP.
- Why Baltimore Is Hesitant to Open a 100-Year-Old Time Capsule
- Guard troops sent to site of Hawaii lava flow
- Skinnier seats on more crowded planes
- Graham: Remark about helping white men was joke
- Miley & Rihanna Stun With Racy Red Carpet Looks!