2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Most Impressive Animals
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Kurdish fighters head to Syria to face militants
BEIRUT (AP) — Hundreds of Kurdish fighters raced from Turkey and Iraq into neighboring Syria on Saturday to defend a Kurdish area under attack by Islamic State militants. As the fighting raged, more than 60,000 mostly Kurdish refugees streamed across the dusty and barren border into Turkey, some hobbling on crutches as others lugged bulging sacks of belongings on their backs.
- Turkey secures release of hostages held by Islamic State
By Orhan Coskun and Jonny Hogg ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkish intelligence agents brought 46 hostages seized by Islamic State militants in northern Iraq back to Turkey on Saturday after more than three months in captivity, in what President Tayyip Erdogan described as a covert rescue operation. Security sources told Reuters the hostages had been released overnight in the town of Tel Abyad on the Syrian side of the border with Turkey after being transferred from the eastern Syrian city of Raqqa, Islamic State's stronghold. Officials declined to give details of the rescue operation. ...
- Diplomats: Iran receptive to new nuke proposal
- This is why the middle class can't get ahead
- Passenger says JetBlue plane filled with smoke
- Alibaba stock soars in jubilant trading debut
- Ukraine munitions factory hit after new peace plan adopted
- U.S., Canadian jets intercept 8 Russian aircraft