2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Most Impressive Animals
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- This is why the middle class can't get ahead
- Russian fighters intercepted by U.S. near Alaska
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Turkey: 49 hostages have been freed
- Fence-jumper makes it into the White House
- Islamic State creates police force in northwest Iraq
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Islamic State (IS) militants in Iraq's northwest Nineveh province have created a police force to "implement the orders of the religious judiciary," according to a well-known militant Islamist website. Photos on the website showed armed men in black clothing with "Islamic Police Nineveh State” printed on the arm. The police forces were in freshly painted police cars and one photo showed militiamen on a river boat. It was not clear when the photos were posted or when the police force was established. ...
- Dollar's rally bad news for oil, multinationals
By Akane Otani NEW YORK (Reuters) - The asset with the greatest prowess of late has been the U.S. dollar, and if its rally continues, it threatens to eat into the earnings of multinational companies. The greenback's recent gains have lifted the dollar index - a measure of the dollar's value relative to six currencies - for 10 consecutive weeks. ...
- 'Miracle' panda triplets open their eyes in Chinese zoo