2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Most Viral Photos
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Ko, Lewis fight for bonus as Granada grabs lead
- Pacquiao knocks Algieri down 6 times, dominates
- Chelsea 'beautiful' but not the best, says Mourinho
- Pacquiao scores six knockdowns in title defense
By Kieran Mulvaney MACAU (Reuters) - Manny Pacquiao knocked down American challenger Chris Algieri six times to retain his WBO welterweight championship in Macau on Sunday morning. The first knockdown, in the second round, was a combination of a Pacquiao punch and Algieri slipping on the canvas but in the sixth round Algieri tumbled head over heels after a Pacquiao barrage and went down again in the same round from a right hook. A fierce left cross in the ninth sent Algieri to his back. ...
- Soccer-Borussia Dortmund's Reus injured on comeback
* Reus injured midway through the second half * Winger also missed World Cup through ankle injury (Updates with more details, quotes) By Karolos Grohmann BERLIN, Nov 22 (Reuters) - Borussia Dortmund winger Marco Reus could be out for some time after he was taken off injured midway through the second half of their 2-2 Bundesliga draw against Paderborn on his comeback from an ankle injury. Dortmund coach Juergen Klopp said the player's foot had swollen up and the 25-year-old, who had earlier scored their second goal, could be missing in the coming games. ...
- Pacquiao beats Algieri to retain WBO welterweight title
Filipino ring icon Manny Pacquiao comprehensively dismantled American Chris Algieri to retain his World Boxing Organization welterweight title at the Cotai Arena in Macau on Sunday. Pacquiao dropped Algieri to the canvas six times during the 12-round contest in the southern Chinese city to win an overwhelming unanimous decision, 119-103, 119-103, 120-102 on the judges' cards. Algieri, the unbeaten WBO light welterweight champion, was outclassed from the start, with the eight-division world champion Pacquiao knocking the Long Islander down in the second round, twice in both the sixth and ninth rounds, and finally again in the 10th. Pacquiao was landing punches at will as the quick Algieri tried to run, slip and hide from the onslaught.