2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Most Viral Photos
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Home Depot breach affected 56M debit, credit cards
- Russian fighters intercepted by U.S. near Alaska
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
By Scott Malone BOSTON (Reuters) - The failed Scottish vote to pull out from the United Kingdom stirred secessionist hopes for some in the United States, where almost a quarter of people are open to their states leaving the union, a new Reuters/Ipsos poll found. Some 23.9 percent of Americans polled from Aug. 23 through Sept. 16 said they strongly supported or tended to support the idea of their state breaking away, while 53.3 percent of the 8,952 respondents strongly opposed or tended to oppose the notion. ...
- Duncan slams Jindal's Common Core lawsuit: 'Take politics out, take presidential ambitions out, do the …
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut
By Liana B. Baker, Jessica Toonkel and Ryan Vlastelica NEW YORK (Reuters) - Alibaba Group Holding Ltd's shares soared 38 percent in their first day of trading on Friday as investors jumped at the chance for a piece of what is likely to rank as the largest IPO in history, in a massive bet on China's burgeoning middle class. It was an auspicious debut for the Chinese e-commerce company, which was founded by Jack Ma in his apartment in 1999 and now accounts for 80 percent of online sales in China. ...
- High Schooler Gives Up Crown After Friend Was Pranked Into Thinking She Was Nominated for Homecoming …
- Islamic State creates police force in northwest Iraq
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Islamic State (IS) militants in Iraq's northwest Nineveh province have created a police force to "implement the orders of the religious judiciary," according to a well-known militant Islamist website. Photos on the website showed armed men in black clothing with "Islamic Police Nineveh State” printed on the arm. The police forces were in freshly painted police cars and one photo showed militiamen on a river boat. It was not clear when the photos were posted or when the police force was established. ...
- Body of Texas sheriff's deputy found in lake