2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Most Viral Photos
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Destructive California wildfire burning in two national forests
By Alex Dobuzinskis LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A wildfire in California's rugged Sierra Nevada mountains has damaged and destroyed some homes in a small community, as thousands of residents remain evacuated and gusty winds on Saturday are expected to fan the flames, officials said. Officials did not yet have a complete damage assessment from the charred community of White Meadows. On Friday, they reported the week-old King Fire had for the first time torched homes. "The structures that did burn, many of them were completely consumed as the trees around them burned top to bottom. ...
- Security upped at Vatican over attack fears
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
CANADENSIS, Pa. (AP) — The suspect in the deadly ambush at a state police barracks in a remote part of northeastern Pennsylvania remained at large for an eighth day Saturday as police appeared to have narrowed their search, largely shutting down the area where he lived with his parents but leaving neighbors with few answers about what's going on just outside their front doors.
- U.S., Canadian jets intercept 8 Russian aircraft
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance
By Daren Butler SURUC Turkey (Reuters) - About 60,000 Syrian Kurds fled into Turkey in the space of 24 hours, a deputy prime minister said on Saturday, as Islamic State militants seized dozens of villages close to the border. Turkey opened a stretch of the frontier on Friday after Kurdish civilians fled their homes, fearing an imminent attack on the border town of Ayn al-Arab, also known as Kobani. A Kurdish commander on the ground said Islamic State had advanced to within 15 km (9 miles) of the town. ...
- After 2 weeks, search still on for 2 Maryland kids
- This is why the middle class can't get ahead
- Duncan slams Jindal's Common Core lawsuit: 'Take politics out, take presidential ambitions out, do the …