2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Most Viral Photos
- Photo By Carla Thomas Sat, Dec 1, 2012
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Michelle Beadle, WWE Join Forces To Honor The Troops
- Mall Cop-Turned Viral Sensation Doesn’t Regret Tasering Mom
- Rebels said to control some S. Sudan oil fields
- Phil Robertson and A&E Fight Not About 1st Amendment, Expert Says
- Answers to questions about the Target data breach
NEW YORK (AP) — With less than a week until Christmas, a real-life Grinch has stolen the credit and debit card information of about 40 million Target shoppers.
- Aspirin risks may outweigh benefits in healthy adults
By Kathleen Raven NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Healthy adults who take daily aspirin to stave off heart disease may be inviting more harm than benefit, according to a new review of past studies. Adults face a crush of conflicting health messages about aspirin and the role it plays as a preventive medicine. "Too many healthy people think that aspirin will prevent heart attacks and cancer," said Dr. Peter Sandercock of the Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. Sandercock has extensive research experience in this subject, but was not involved in the current study.
- Uganda passes law meaning life in prison for some homosexual acts
Uganda's parliament passed a law on Friday that makes some homosexual acts punishable by life in prison, a spokeswoman for the legislature said, a move that raised alarm among gays who are already afraid to express their sexuality openly. First introduced in parliament in 2009 as a private member's bill, the law initially proposed the death penalty for some homosexual acts in the conservative east African country. Germany cut off aid to Uganda late last year citing the bill as one of its concerns. Frank Mugisha, executive director of Sexual Minorities Uganda (SMUG), said he would try to rally rights activists to have the law blocked by the courts.
- Mass. police find heroin stamped with 'Obamacare'