2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Top News Stories
In a year mostly dominated by power politics and a presidential election, Mother Nature reminded us in November of her strength and authority. A spate of shootings and odd crimes captivated the news shows and online media.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Islamic State supporter warns of attacks against U.S.: SITE
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A supporter of Islamic State militants has warned of attacks on the United States and its allies if they continue to carry out military action against the group that has seized large parts of Iraq and Syria, the SITE monitoring service said. The message on a well-known militant Islamist online forum is one of the few responses from supporters of Islamic State to Washington's announcement last week that it was prepared to extend airstrikes against the group into Syria. ...
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels
By Richard Balmforth and Pavel Polityuk KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine ratified a sweeping agreement with the European Union on Tuesday - an issue at the heart of the Russia-West crisis over its future - and sought to blunt the independence drive of Russian-backed separatists by offering them temporary and limited self-rule. ...
- Reggie Bush Might 'Harshly' Discipline His 1-Year-Old Daughter
- Rand Paul still has a thinking-out-loud problem
- Hong Kong rethinks rules after Alibaba IPO loss
- 'Lone wolves in America' encouraged to attack Times Square, Las Vegas: report
- Hunt on for survivalist charged in trooper killing
Hundreds of law enforcement officers fanned out across the dense northeastern Pennsylvania woods Tuesday as they tracked a survivalist with two high-powered rifles and a grudge against police, identified as the gunman who killed one trooper and injured another in a late-night ambush outside a state police barracks.
- AP sources: US would retaliate against Assad