2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Top News Stories
In a year mostly dominated by power politics and a presidential election, Mother Nature reminded us in November of her strength and authority. A spate of shootings and odd crimes captivated the news shows and online media.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Pope denounces perversion of religion for violence
TIRANA, Albania (AP) — Pope Francis denounced that extremists around the world are "perverting" religion to justify violence as he visited Albania on Sunday, holding up as a model the Balkan nation where Christians and Muslims endured brutal oppression under communism but now live and work peacefully together.
- Tracing shift from everyday American to jihadis
- Sierra Leone staggers in Ebola isolation effort
- Wife of British IS hostage pleads for his release
- Pope orders review of annulment process to simplify procedure
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis has ordered a review aimed at simplifying the Church's procedures for annulments, the Vatican said on Saturday, a move that could make it easier for Catholics to end marriages. A statement said Francis had appointed an 11-member commission of canon lawyers and theologians to propose reform of the process, "seeking to simplify and streamline it while safeguarding the principle of the indissolubility of marriage". ...
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria
By Daren Butler SURUC Turkey (Reuters) - Kurdish militants in Turkey have issued a new call to arms to defend a border town in northern Syria from advancing Islamic State fighters, and the Turkish authorities and United Nations prepared on Sunday for a surge in refugees. About 70,000 Syrian Kurds have fled into Turkey since Friday as Islamic State fighters seized dozens of villages close to the border and advanced on the frontier town of Ayn al-Arab, known as Kobani in Kurdish. ...
- Yahoo rakes in another jackpot from Alibaba's IPO
- Mexicans Are Generally Pissed About Miley Cyrus Flossing a Butt with Their Flag