2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Obsessions
Here are the top 10 obsessions that, as ranked by their search volume and percentage spike compared with 2011 on Yahoo!.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Jeff Goldblum Stars in Hilarious GE Light Bulb Commercial
- US OKs $1.75 billion arms sale to Saudi
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration has approved a $1.75 billion sale of Patriot missiles and associated items to Saudi Arabia to bolster the air defenses of the key U.S. ally in the Arab world.
- Ukrainians gear up for winter without Russian gas
- Elk nose into Grand Canyon water stations
- Hostage tale suggests IS wary of upsetting Turkey
- O'Reilly: Colbert 'has no bleeping clue how to fight the jihad'
- 'Strikingly Geometric' Shapes Hidden on Moon's Surface
Previously, scientists thought the moon's Ocean of Storms was a round crater left after a giant impact, but now researchers have found it is underlain by a giant rectangle created by cooling lunar lava as the moon formed. The Ocean of Storms, or Oceanus Procellarum, is the largest of the moon's maria, giant dark spots visible on the near side of the moon. Scientists had previously thought the Ocean of Storms was created by a giant cosmic impact that left a crater about 2,000 miles wide (3,200 kilometers) that filled with lava. Now, data from NASA's GRAIL mission reveals that Procellarum is not round, but instead is surrounded by a strange giant rectangle underneath the moon's surface.
- ISIS on the trail: New Mexico Senate candidate stands by web video showing James Foley’s killer