2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Obsessions
Here are the top 10 obsessions that, as ranked by their search volume and percentage spike compared with 2011 on Yahoo!.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- US condemns Iranian woman's execution
"We condemn this morning's execution in Iran of Reyhaneh Jabbari," said the statement by State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki, who said there were "serious concerns with the fairness of the trial and the circumstances surrounding this case." Jabbari, 26, who had been on death row for five years, was put to death at dawn, the official IRNA news agency quoted the Tehran prosecutor's office as saying. "Iranian authorities proceeded with this execution despite pleas from Iranian human rights activists and an international outcry over this case," Psaki said. "We join our voice with those who call on Iran to respect the fair trial guarantees afforded to its people under Iran's own laws and its international obligations."
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
By Eric M. Johnson and Victoria Cavaliere MARYSVILLE Wash. (Reuters) - Relatives of a Washington state teen accused of a high school shooting rampage said on Saturday that they were living in a "nightmare" and struggling to understand why the boy targeted his two cousins and several friends before killing himself. One girl was killed and four other freshman students were severely wounded in Friday's morning rampage inside the cafeteria at Marysville-Pilchuck High School, north of Seattle. ...
- ISIS Pummeled by Air and Land in Iraq
- George and Amal Clooney Celebrated at Post-Wedding Bash in England
- Washington school shooter Jaylen Fryberg's personal struggles revealed on social media
- Hockey returns to Ottawa with emotional ceremony
- Gold nugget found in California finds secret buyer
- No. 24 LSU upends No.3 Mississippi, 10-7