2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Obsessions
Here are the top 10 obsessions that, as ranked by their search volume and percentage spike compared with 2011 on Yahoo!.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- NYSE stocks posting largest percentage increases
A look at the 10 biggest percentage gainers on New York Stock Exchange at 1 p.m.: Unisys Corp. rose 22.8 percent to $23.80. Six Flags Entertainment Corp. rose 14.0 percent to $39.32. Cliffs Natural Resources ...
- UK man faked coma for 2 years to avoid court
- Oil prices slide as US crude reserves surge
- Palawan in the Philippines named world's top island: CN Traveler
- U.S. jury convicts ex-Blackwater guards in 2007 Baghdad killings
By Aruna Viswanatha and Julia Edwards WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a sweeping victory for the U.S. government, a federal jury on Wednesday found four former Blackwater guards guilty on nearly every count they faced in connection with the 2007 killing of 14 unarmed Iraqis at a Baghdad traffic circle. Jurors found three of the ex-guards guilty of manslaughter and weapons charges, and a fourth guilty of murder. The verdict comes more than seven years after the shooting incident that outraged Iraqis and inflamed anti-American sentiment around the world. ...
- In Steenkamp family's bar, mixed feelings over Pistorius sentence
By Ed Stoddard PORT ELIZABETH South Africa (Reuters) - As Judge Thokolize Masipa told track star Oscar Pistorius he would go to jail for killing Reeva Steenkamp, customers at the bar owned by her parents held up their palms to signify "five years" and murmured approval. The gathering of half a dozen of Steenkamp's family friends sat glued to the television at the "Barking Spider", smoking and drinking beer despite the early workday hour. The Olympic and Paralympic athlete was sentenced to five years in prison on Tuesday for shooting his girlfriend on Valentine's Day last year. ...
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings
- Pyongyang races to complete new airport