2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Obsessions
Here are the top 10 obsessions that, as ranked by their search volume and percentage spike compared with 2011 on Yahoo!.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Israel says no plan to allow Jews to pray at Al-Aqsa
- WWII ships found deep in 'Graveyard of the Atlantic'
- Mormons address mystery surrounding undergarments
- Boyfriend leads police to pregnant Ohio woman's remains
By Kim Palmer CLEVELAND (Reuters) - An Ohio man who confessed to killing his pregnant girlfriend and burning down their Columbus apartment led authorities to her body early Wednesday, Ohio police said. Jacob Ferrero, 22, confessed to the murder and arson to Columbus police and fire investigators late Tuesday night, Columbus Police Sgt. Rich Weiner said. Ferrero, who was arrested on Tuesday, was charged on Wednesday with the murder of his live-in girlfriend, Samantha Greenlee, also 22. ...
- Ottawa police confirm multiple suspects in parliament shooting
OTTAWA (Reuters) - Ottawa police are looking for multiple suspects in the shooting incidents on Wednesday near the Canadian war memorial and nearby Parliament Hill, a spokesman said. A Canadian soldier was shot at the National War Memorial in downtown Ottawa and a gunman was shot and killed in a nearby parliament building, media and witnesses reported. But buildings remained locked down. (Reporting by David Ljunggren; writing by Andrea Hopkins; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Counterinsurgency expert: Beating ISIS will require U.S. ground troops in Iraq
- Canada police talked to militant suspect, couldn't stop attack
By Allison Lampert SAINT-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU Quebec (Reuters) - Canadian police said on Tuesday they had arrested a suspected militant as he was leaving the country, took away his passport and talked to him several times but had no chance of preventing him from killing a soldier. Martin Rouleau, a 25-year-old who converted to Islam last year, rammed his car into two soldiers in the Quebec town of Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu on Monday and was shot dead by police. A 53-year-old adjutant died in the attack. ...
- Oil prices slide as US crude reserves surge