2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Obsessions
Here are the top 10 obsessions that, as ranked by their search volume and percentage spike compared with 2011 on Yahoo!.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Boston Marathon bombing suspect's sister appears in court for alleged bomb threat
- Coin star: Man donates $21,495 in loose change to charity
- 'Real Housewives' couple face sentencing for fraud
- Jeff Goldblum Stars in Hilarious GE Light Bulb Commercial
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protesters: security firm
BOSTON (Reuters) - Cybersecurity researchers have uncovered a computer virus that spies on Apple Inc's iOS operating system for the iPhone and iPad, and they believe it is targeting pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong. The malicious software, known as Xsser, is capable of stealing text messages, photos, call logs, passwords and other data from Apple mobile devices, researchers with Lacoon Mobile Security said on Tuesday. They uncovered the spyware while investigating similar malware for Google Inc's Android operating system last week that also targeted Hong Kong protesters. ...
- 10 most overvalued (and undervalued) housing markets
- Turkey's role in Islamic State fight may hinge on ancient tomb
By Dasha Afanasieva and Selin Bucak ISTANBUL (Reuters) - A vow to defend the 700-year-old tomb of Suleyman Shah, grandfather of the founder of the Ottoman Empire, in a Turkish enclave in northern Syria could decide Turkey's role in the military campaign against Islamic State. Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc said on Tuesday that the militants were advancing on the white stone mausoleum, guarded by several dozen Turkish soldiers and perched on a manicured lawn under a Turkish flag on the banks of the Euphrates. ...
- Tweet about Ferguson grand jury sparks probe