2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Obsessions
Here are the top 10 obsessions that, as ranked by their search volume and percentage spike compared with 2011 on Yahoo!.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Driver seriously injures woman during Zombie Walk
- Boko Haram kidnaps top official's wife in Cameroon
YAOUNDE, Cameroon (AP) — A government spokesman says Boko Haram fighters kidnapped the wife of Cameroon's vice prime minister in an attack that also resulted in multiple deaths.
- AP Analysis: Putin stays on offense in Ukraine
- 'Avengers' unleash 'Ultron' footage at Comic-Con
- Israel acknowledges mortar shell hit UN school
- US evacuates embassy in Libya amid clashes
- Hamilton shocked by Mercedes instructions
Lewis Hamilton said he was "very, very shocked" to be asked by his Mercedes team to move over and allow team-mate and title rival Nico Rosberg to pass him during Sunday's tumultuous Hungarian Grand Prix. The incident, one of at least two in which Mercedes tried to persuade Hamilton to help Rosberg, came after 47 laps of a 70-laps race won by Australian Daniel Ricciardo for Red Bull.
- One dead after lightning strikes crowd at California beach
(Reuters) - One man died and at least eight people were injured on Sunday in a lightning strike during a rare thunderstorm at Venice Beach in Los Angeles, officials said. "I heard this crackle and there was this giant bolt of lightning shooting across the sky and the loudest thunder I’ve ever heard," witness Joe Doro told KCAL-TV. The eight survivors were hospitalized for treatment and observation after the lightning hit near Ocean Front Walk facing the Pacific Ocean, around 2:15 p.m. (2115 GMT), said Los Angeles Fire Department spokeswoman Katherine Main. A 20-year-old man taken to Marina Del Rey Hospital was later pronounced dead, according to the Los Angeles county coroner's department.