2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: Obsessions
Here are the top 10 obsessions that, as ranked by their search volume and percentage spike compared with 2011 on Yahoo!.
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- From gangsta rapper to Islamist militant
- Sierra Leone capital at standstill as Ebola lockdown begins
By Umaru Fofana FREETOWN (Reuters) - Sierra Leone began a three-day lockdown on Friday in an effort to halt the spread of the Ebola virus, as President Ernest Bai Koroma urged residents to comply with the emergency measures. Streets in the normally bustling seaside capital Freetown were deserted, barring vehicles carrying police officers and health workers. Radio stations played Ebola awareness jingles on repeat and encouraged residents to stay indoors. ...
- Passenger says JetBlue plane filled with smoke
- Russian fighters intercepted by U.S. near Alaska
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- Jack Ma set to be one of the world's 20 richest?
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- North Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'
By James Pearson SEOUL (Reuters) - An American recently sentenced to six years hard labor by a North Korean court pretended to have secret U.S. information and was deliberately arrested in a bid to become famous and meet U.S. missionary Kenneth Bae in a North Korean prison, state media said on Saturday. Matthew Miller, 25, of Bakersfield, California, had prepared his story in advance and written in a notebook that he was seeking refuge after failing in an attempt to collect information about the U.S. government, state media said. ...