Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the upcoming remakes of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, will introduce the next stage in Slowbro evolution with Mega Slowbro, The Pokémon Company International announced.
Mega Evolutions are special forms Pokémon transform into with the help of unique items. Slowbro's evolution was revealed at the 2014 Pokémon World Championships being held in Washington, D.C. this weekend. Water and Psychic-type Pokémon Slowbro is one of Slowpoke's final forms; the other is Slowking.
"When Slowbro Mega Evolves into Mega Slowbro, its energy gathers in the Shellder clamped onto its tail," the description reads. "As a result, the hardness of its shell is boosted, making its armor incredibly strong. In battle, Mega Slowbro balances on its tail, wearing Shellder as an impenetrable armor over its body."
Mega Slowbro's skills include the Shell Armor Ability, which prevents enemies from landing critical hits. The Pokémon also has increased defense and special attack powers for battles that require "high endurance."
Check out the video above for a look at Mega Slowbro. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire will be available for Nintendo 3DS Nov. 21. The Pokémon Company International recently revealed the Mega Evolution of Audino.
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)