Apple (AAPL) on Tuesday sent out invitations for a press conference scheduled to take place on September 12th at 1:00 p.m. EDT, 10:00 a.m. PDT. The invitation doesn’t reveal the nature of the event, but it doesn’t have to — it’s all about Apple’s next iPhone, which is expected to be in line with the flood of recent leaks: It will be a little taller, a little thinner, and a little stronger than Apple’s current iPhone. Apple’s new iPhone is expected to go on sale on September 21st, and preorder availability could begin as soon as September 12th, the same day the phone is announced. Be sure to check back on September 12th for all the news as it breaks.
Explore Related Content
- Why Apple wants to buy your old iPhone and give you a new on …
- Case for low-cost iPhone shows new design with more rounded …
- iPhone 5S display leaks as mass production begins
- Galaxy S4, HTC One can’t take the wind out of iPhone’s sales
- Galaxy S4 helped Samsung outsell Apple for the first time since …
- Hi-quality photos of iPhone 5S display leak for the first ti …
- Galaxy S4 sales again said to be slowing
- Apple to Reportedly Start iPhone Trade-in …hulu videos
More Tech News
- Prison for Ohio woman who buried mom in yard
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A woman who quit her job to care for her elderly mother felt at a loss to support herself when the older woman died so she buried her in the yard of their Florida home and lived off her mother's Social Security checks for 14 years, her lawyers and federal authorities say.
- These Stupid Heat Fans Missed History and Tried to Get Back in Last Night
Regardless of the situation, leaving a big game early to beat traffic is one of the deadly sins of sports fandom (unless maybe you're a Dodgers fan). ...
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Police: Paraplegic castrated at Philly facility
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 41-year-old man is being held on $5 million bail after police say he castrated a paraplegic during a dispute at an assisted living facility in Philadelphia.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Kickstarter Won't Take Down 'The Guide to Getting Awesome With Women'
Remember when feminist pop critic Anita Sarkeesian ran a Kickstarter to fund a video series that would empower girls and women everywhere? Yeah, this is not that. This is the opposite of that.
- Brothers run at bear to save younger sister
A family had a close encounter with a bear while celebrating Father's Day during a camping trip in Wyoming, NBC-2 reports. The Kelly family had a relaxing Sunday morning breakfast, but apparently they didn't clean up as well as they initially thought. According to NBC-2, a bit of bacon grease was still on the campground [...]
- Father sentenced for binding kids outside Wal-Mart
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A suburban Chicago man was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison for binding and blindfolding two of his children a year ago in a Wal-Mart parking lot in eastern Kansas.