DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Suspended Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito met with NFL special investigator Ted Wells for a second consecutive day Friday to discuss the team's bullying scandal, multiple media outlets reported.
WTVJ-TV in South Florida videotaped Incognito arriving at the Dolphins' complex for the meeting accompanied by four other people, including the team's security chief.
On Thursday, Incognito agreed to postpone his grievance hearing challenging the suspension until Wells completes his investigation. In a statement, Incognito said he would cooperate fully with a goal of rejoining the Dolphins.
Tackle Jonathan Martin alleges he was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito. Martin left the team Oct. 28.
Incognito was suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team Nov. 3 and will miss his third consecutive game Sunday when the Dolphins play the Carolina Panthers. Miami might be without a third starting offensive line because center Mike Pouncey is doubtful while recovering from a stomach ailment.
Wells met last week with Martin in New York and has been interviewing Dolphins players, coaches and staff this week. The NFL hasn't said how long his investigation is expected to take.
Martin, a second-year pro from Stanford, has said he wants to play football again. He has been with family in California undergoing treatment for emotional issues.
Wells will determine the role of coach Joe Philbin, his staff and Miami management in the case, and his report will be made public. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said changes are needed and formed two committees to study the team's locker room culture.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
- Sports & Recreation
- American Football
- Miami Dolphins
- Jonathan Martin