Republic of Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni has confirmed Robbie Keane’s inclusion in the team's starting line-up for their upcoming clash against the Faroe Islands.
After finding themselves well-beaten in their last encounter against group favourites Germany on home turf, the 73-year-old Italian manager has come in for some criticism in recent days for his reluctance to veer away from a well-worn selection policy - but Keane has tipped them to bounce back for the 6-1 defeat.
"We have to stick together, it's a simple as that. We need a massive reaction," Keane told reporters.
"We let ourselves down and we let the country down. It wasn't good enough on Friday."
However, Trapattoni has subsequently rung the changes in the aftermath of their humiliating defeat against Joachim Low's side and, alongside Keane, Marc Wilson and 20-year-old Manchester United prospect Robbie Brady have been catapulted into the starting line-up.
As a result, this sees Stephen Ward and Simon Cox drop out of the side and they will revert back to a traditional 4-4-2 formation instead but, when asked about his own future and whether he will stay in charge of Ireland, the Italian was reluctant to commit himself either way.
"I don't know, it's not up to me," Trapattoni told reporters ahead of the game.
Ireland currently sit in third place in Group C behind both Germany and Sweden with three points from their opening two games so far during their World Cup qualifying campaign.
Republic of Ireland starting XI: Westwood; Coleman, O'Shea, O'Dea, Wilson; Brady, Andrews, McCarthy, McGeady; Keane, Walters
- Sports & Recreation