"All Stars is a team experience with the queens competing in groups, so our strategy this season focuses on getting fans to choose sides" Morgan Greco, marketing director for the Logo channel, tells Mashable.
[More from Mashable: 20 TV Shows With the Most Social Media Buzz This Week]
Here's a quick look at some of Logo's pre-season and in-season social tactics for RuPaul's All Stars Drag Race, a six-episode spin-off of RuPaul's Drag Race, which will debut its fifth season in January:
- Comic Caption Contest: Logo hired one of the show's artistic fans to create comic strip panels each week (see example above) for a crowdsourced caption contest on Facebook. Fans write captions and vote for the best ones. The winning captions will be put into the strips to make a short online comic book.
- Dragulate Your Pumpkin: Logo and NewNowNext challenged people to dress up their pumpkins in fabulous attire for a chance to win DVDs of past seasons. NewNowNext's Facebook fans can now vote until Oct. 29 for the pumpkin they like most.
- 10-Minute Episode Teasers: On Facebook, Logo will post the first 10 minutes of each episode ahead of their Monday night TV premieres.
- Ustream Video Chats: Before, during and after every episode, people will get to chat in a pre-premiere live stream with a queen, co-viewing stream and recap live stream with the voted-off contestant.
- #DragRace Retweet Sweepstakes: Twitter users who retweet the tune-in for the show will be entered into a drawing to win Drag Race swag such as signed photos of RuPaul, season four DVDs, Glamazon CDs and items from All Stars.
- Queens' Tweets: The contestants will live tweet during the episodes, respond to tweeted questions as well as RT and favorite viewers' tweets.
- GetGlue Stickers: People who check into the show on social entertainment platform GetGlue will receive "limited time collector stickers" of individual queens.
- GIF Battle: Contestants who are up for elimination will face off head-to-head in GIF battle on an interactive tab on the show's Facebook page. People can vote for and comment on the GIFs in such categories as Best Outfit and Best Hair.
- Tumblr GIFs: Logo will post a steady stream of pre-prepared GIFs during each episode.
[More from Mashable: Should Live Tweeting Be Protected Like Broadcast Rights?]
1. Arrow (New)
Start Date: Oct. 10
Time: Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET
This story originally published on Mashable here.
- Arts & Entertainment