It looks like Galaxy smartphone users eagerly awaiting a Sambook social network have a long wait ahead, as the South Korea-based consumer electronics giant on Thursday denied rumors that it is working on its own social network to compete with Facebook. “There have been inquiries and a few articles claiming that Samsung Electronics is going to offer a Facebook-like service, being developed under a code-name called ‘Samsung Facebook.’ However this is not true and the rumor is groundless,” Samsung wrote in a post on its corporate blog. The Korea Times reported on Wednesday that Samsung is working on its own social network that will be accessible across a wide range of its Internet-connected devices.
Explore Related Content
- Turkey Is Now Arresting Dozens for Using Twitter
- Facebook adds 'hashtag' feature, taking a page from Twitter
- Facebook has hashtags now
- Shut Up and Love the Facebook Hashtag Already
- Now Vinestagram Is Facebook's Secret Product Launch — or Is …
- #Ready? Clickable Hashtags Are Coming to Your Facebook Newsf …
- The next 'Instagram for video' might actually come from Inst …
More Tech News
- Review: Pitt and his zombies entertain in 'WWZ'
Might there be a real-life zombie apocalypse one day? Not likely, but then again, the way zombies have chomped their way into our pop culture the last several years, it's maybe a bit less implausible than it once was.
- Just Explain It: Why Are Some of Us Horrible Singers?
It's possible that we can become better singers.
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
Apparently, Men's Wearhouse Inc. doesn't like the way its founder looks anymore. In a terse release issued Wednesday, Men's Wearhouse said it has fired the face of the company and its executive chairman, ...
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Wash. parents' ruse snares man wooing daughter
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — A father who discovered his 15-year-old daughter was being wooed on Facebook by a man twice her age took matters into his own hands.
- NBC News airing documentary on Valerie Harper
Valerie Harper has agreed to give a first-person account of her battle with terminal cancer to NBC News. The network says Meredith Vieira will host the documentary, which will air in prime time. No airdate ...
- Banks fall short in helping struggling homeowners
Homeowners trying to avoid foreclosure must wait too long for their loan modification applications to be reviewed by some of the nation's top mortgage servicers, according to a report released Wednesday. ...
- Police: Paraplegic castrated at Philly facility
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 41-year-old man is being held on $5 million bail after police say he castrated a paraplegic during a dispute at an assisted living facility in Philadelphia.