Samsung on Friday announced that channel sales of its Galaxy S and Galaxy S II smartphone lines have topped 50 million units globally. Roughly 24 million Galaxy S-branded smartphones have been sold into channels since the phone’s debut in June 2010 according to Samsung, and the South Korea-based consumer electronics giant has sold more than 28 million Galaxy S II smartphones into distribution channels to date. Samsung also confirmed that sales of its debut “phablet,” the 5.3-inch Samsung Galaxy Note, have topped 7 million units around the world. The company announced in March that it sold more than 5 million Notes at that point in time, and Samsung hopes to sell at least 10 million Galaxy Note smartphones this year.
Explore Related Content
- A handy guide to Samsung’s insane array of Galaxy devices
- Samsung’s Galaxy Note 8.0 coming exclusively to AT&T
- Galaxy S4 helped Samsung outsell Apple for the first time since …
- Galaxy Note with 12.2-inch display reportedly launching in Q …
- Galaxy S5 will reportedly be Samsung’s first all-metal smart …
- Samsung preps yet another new Galaxy S4, this time with LTE-Advanced …
- Galaxy S4 Active confirmed for AT&T
More Tech News
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
NEW YORK (AP) — Apparently, Men's Wearhouse Inc. doesn't like the way its founder looks anymore.
- Astor son who swindled millionaire mother headed to NY prison
By Francesca Trianni NEW YORK (Reuters) - Anthony Marshall, the only child of late millionaire philanthropist Brooke Astor, has been a Broadway producer, a decorated war hero and U.S. diplomat and is set to add prison inmate to his life story. On Thursday, barring a last-minute reprieve, Marshall will be known by the number on his New York State Corrections Department identification card when he begins serving a one- to three-year sentence for siphoning millions of dollars from his ailing mother incapacitated by dementia. ...
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Video shows Justin Bieber running into a photographer with his white Ferrari in Hollywood, but police say there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening.
- Playmate admits helping boyfriend in US illegally
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A former Playboy Playmate has admitted helping her Canadian boyfriend after he illegally entered the United States in northern New York last summer.
- Charlie Sheen Really Did Get Selma Blair Fired
Today in celebrity news: Selma Blair is off Anger Management, Paula Deen said some pretty bad things, and Adam Levine has a perfume.
- 6 Tips to Become a Master Communicator at Work
According to this year's annual job outlook survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, the No. 1 skill employers seek from 2013 grads is the "ability to verbally communicate with persons inside and outside the organization."